Realizing True Records Management with Microsoft SharePoint 2010
8th December 2011: 2pm - 3pm GMT
Note: This event has now finished. You can view the on-demand version by submitting your details below.
Frequently, both Ovum and KnowledgeLake hear of confusion on the true Records Management (RM) capabilities of Microsoft SharePoint 2010. We have therefore brought a number of experts together to help you understand what SharePoint 2010 offers out of the box and how it can be extended to achieve true compliance, without externalizing content to a 3rd party repository. We are honoured to have Microsoft sponsoring the webinar, and will be joined by KnowledgeLake resident RM expert Kevin Ells and the executive IT Director Ron Borden from a Microsoft customer and one of the largest unions in the United States, MOEITS.
- How records management on SharePoint 2010 can lower cost and risk through transparent application of compliance policies and consistent disposition of content
- Why SharePoint will succeed in records management where other ECM platforms have failed
- Enabling automation of compliance processing utilizing SharePoint 2010 as a record management platform
- A demonstration of a document lifecycle in SharePoint: the capturing of paper and electronic files including email, application of metadata and classification criteria, search, retrieval, viewing and application of record declaration.
- Help outline an enterprise approach for the implementation of SharePoint 2010 records management
- Customer case study by MOEITS how they are using SharePoint. The solution saved the union nearly $1 million and realized a return from their investment in four months.
- Question and answer session